Small Farmers Welfare Fund
We promote the welfare of small farmers and their families
The Small Farmers Welfare Fund (SFWF) is a parastatal body established under the SFWF Act No. 12 of 2002 and working under the aegis of the Ministry of Agro Industry and Food Security to promote the economic and social welfare of small farmers and their families
NOTICE OF VACANCY
The Small Farmers Welfare Fund hereby invites qualified candidates to apply for the following post:
- Programme Welfare Officer
- Technical Officer
- Accounts Clerk
- Assistant Procurement and Supply Officer
- Computer Support Officer
- Clerk / Word Processing Operator
- Welfare Assistant
- General Worker
Closing date: 26 October 2023
Bio Farming Support Scheme
International Youth Day
12 August 2023
Theme: Green Skills for Youth – Towards a Sustainable World
It is important to recognize how the green transition is directly linked to green jobs for young people. According to the International Labour Organization (ILO), a green transition will result in the creation of 8.4 million jobs for young people by 2030.
These jobs are called green jobs, i.e., jobs that contribute to preserving or restoring the environment either by supporting environmentally-friendly processes or through the production of green products and services.
Young people need to be well-equipped with green skills so that they can successfully navigate this changing environment and leverage the opportunities that it presents.
REGISTRATION OF FARMERS & FARMER'S CARD
Your gateway to a world of facilities for The Agri-Business Sector
I. Smart Agri – Business Programme
- Subsidized tractor facilities dedicated for the foodcrop sector offered in collaboration with the AMU(MCIA)
- Up to Rs 3,000/arpent as subsidy under the SAMS on tractor services provided by private operators
– Grant of Rs 10,000 on the purchase of Mechanical tea harvester
– Up to Rs 10,000 on the acquisition of the Bar Code System
- Fiscal Incentives
- VAT Refund on the purchase of agricultural equipment , rental of land, etc
- Duty Free on utility vehicles
- Preferential rates on Road Taxes
II. Farm Production Support Programme
- Subsidies of 50% to 100% under the Fertiliser Support Programme on the purchase of imported and locally produced fertilizers
- Subsidies of 60% on purchase of Bio inputs(fertilisers, pesticides,etc)
- Grant – Rs 7500/ head for calves having reached three months
- Grant – Rs 5000/head for first time lactating cows
- Access to loans at preferential rates at DBM and purchase of controlled seeds at AMB
- Farmers Excellence Award Scheme to recognize and reward farmers having excelled in their respective Agri- Business operations
III. Risk Management Programme
- Farmers Protection Scheme providing financial assistance on crop/animal losses caused by natural calamities or diseases respectively.
- Farmers Pension Scheme providing pension benefits to farmers for a secured retirement
- 24/7 Worldwide Accident Insurance Scheme providing financial support (redundancy allowance, reimbursement of medical expenses and indemnity for invalidity) to farmers sustaining injuries caused by accident.
- Winter Allowance providing income support to planters with regards to decrease of tea leaves production during the winter season
IV. Quality of Life Programme
- Free Medical Check Up offered regularly to farmers and families
- Educational Achiever Award to reward children of farmers who have excelled at the PSAC, National Certificate, SC and HSC Examinations
- Family Fun Days for farmers and their families
- Work Based placement for children of farmers
Les Assises de l'Agriculture 2023
Les Assises de l’Agriculture was held on 16th to 20th March Côte d’Or Sports Complex. A Salon de L’Agriculture was also organised simultaneously to showcase modern and sustainable facilities available for farmers.
The theme was : Pathways to a Sustainable Food System for a Healthier Tomorrow.